Wednesday, February 11, 2009

LIFE IN THE UNITED STATES


Connor, our Language Assistant, is American. We asked him about his family, home life and pocket money when he was 13 years old.

Hi, my name is Connor and I’m from Reno, Nevada. I’m 13 years old and live with my mom and dad in a house with a garden. I like to do a lot of different activities especially outdoor activities. I really like to go camping, fishing, hiking, biking and playing sports like soccer and basketball but right now I’m in school so I’m studying more than anything. My typical day right now goes something like this: I get up at 6:45 in the morning, I take a shower and then get dressed. After I get dressed I usually go downstairs at 7:00 and have breakfast of milk, cereal, toast, fruit and orange juice. I try to eat a lot because I will not eat again until 12:00 and I usually get hungry. I leave the house at 7:20 and start school at 8:00. I study from 8:00 until lunch time which is at 12:00. For lunch I usually eat a sandwich, some potato chips, a Coca-Cola, fruit and a cookie. Then at 12:30 I go back to class and don’t finish until 2:30. After school I study and then go outside and play with my friends and then we usually have dinner around 7:30 or 8:00 o’clock. Dinner is normally a big meal. Then I watch TV until 10:00 and then go to bed around 10:30.
My mom and dad usually give me an allowance (pocket money) of $10.00 a week. I don’t have a job right now. So I think $10.00 is enough money. Sometimes when the neighbors are away I’ll take care of their house for them and they pay me $30.00 a week. With my money at night time on the weekends I like to go see movies with my friends and go get something to eat and drink. I usually don’t save any money to buy other things but when I do save money I usually like to buy CD’s and clothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ángela Rodado Ballesteros 1ºeso S.E

this activity is very well to revise the vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

María Pozo Amador 1ºeso S.E I think it is very interesting.
I like.

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth Coba Jimenez 1º ESO S.E
I like its very interesting